The Metropole Difference
Did you know that residential property investment has created more millionaires in Australia than any other form of investment? It’s true, but unfortunately, not everyone who invests in property is successful.
Across Melbourne, well-located residential property has a long term history of strong capital growth, steadily increasing rental income and the ability to leverage other people’s money. These conditions sound like an investor’s dream, so why don’t some investors succeed? Why so many investors fail to reap the benefits of owning investment property in Melbourne? What are the property investment mistakes that prevent some people from fulfilling their dream?
The answer is simple: it is because of poor property selection. Perhaps they have bought the wrong property, with little growth or rental prospects. Or maybe they bought the right property, but they did so at the wrong time, or they paid too much. In fact, most of the properties currently on the market wouldn’t pass Metropole’s criteria as a good investment property.
It’s a jungle out there, with agents, property marketers and developers only looking out for their own interests. When you have the multi award-winning team of property professionals from Metropole on your side, it’s a great feeling. As a buyer, you cannot rely on a real estate agent for this service – don’t forget, they are paid by the seller and will always be acting in the seller’s interests, not yours!
Benefits of using Metropole Property Buyers
- We level the playing field because we represent YOU, not the seller
- Our research saves you money, our experience saves you time and our skills reduce your stress
- We have no properties for sale but have access to every property on the market, including the “silent sales”
- Our impartiality guarantees that you obtain the best property at the best price
- Our specially-worded purchase conditions will protect you and could save you thousands when buying
Avoid the common mistakes made by property investors
Did you know that the average property investor in Australia owns only 1 or 2 properties? In fact, most never achieve the financial independence they deserve. Less than 1% of property investors own a property portfolio of 5 or more properties, meaning the overwhelming majority of investors are not fully harnessing the benefits of rental property investments. The most common mistakes we see investors make include:
- Buying for emotional reasons, such as choosing properties near where they live, where they holiday, or where they want to retire.
- Taking advice from the wrong people, such as the selling agent or property marketer, who have a vested interest in the property.
- Not doing adequate (or any) research – perhaps they don’t know where to start, or they simply don’t have the time.
- Paying above market price – either due to lack of research, poor negotiation skills, or because they listened to the hype of the selling agent.
- Buying the wrong property out of frustration – they were just sick of searching and giving up their weekends, so they settled on a property that was not quite right.
- Not understanding property cycles.
- Buying for cash flow or for tax deductions, instead of for capital gains.
- Procrastination – constantly weighing up the procs and cons of investing in property, and battling that familiar fear of moving forward.
If you are serious about developing financial independence through property investment then you need unbiased, independent, professional advice from a dedicated buyer’s agent.
Whether you are just beginning or an experienced investor, there is no one that will protect your interests quite like the property investment strategists at Metropole.
You will have the comfort of knowing you are working with a team who have created substantial wealth for Australians since 1979. With our national coverage and our independent network of solicitors, accountants and consultants, you get solid impartial advice and can avoid these property investment mistakes.
Metropole’s buyer’s agents will tailor a long-term property strategy to suit your financial and lifestyle goals, then lead you through the process to help you achieve them. We do our homework using our unique 8 Step Process to get it right and protect you from making expensive purchasing mistakes. Instead of being one of the 99%, you’ll be one of the 1% of investors who truly reaps the benefits of buying an investment property in Melbourne.
Here are some of the ways we can help you.
Buyer’s agent / advocacy
We have no properties for sale, but have access to every property on the market, including “silent sales”. We help our clients acquire high growth properties “with a twist” and strong upside potential. We can even organise a full renovation for you. Click here to find out more.
You deserve a property manager who cares as much about your property as you do. It’s easier to change property managers than you think. Just give us a call on 03 9591 8888 to talk to us about our property management services. Click here to find out more.
To arrange a FREE initial consultation to find out how much you could borrow and how Metropole can help you buy a top performing investment property please call us on 03 9591 8888 or complete this form and we will contact you.